Reminiscent of Malcolm Guite's bestselling Sounding the Seasons, this beautiful collection offers scripture-inspired poems for each of the major seasons of the Christian year. It includes:
- The Call to Prayer (with poetry on the nature of prayer);
- Advent, Christmas and Epiphany;
- Lent, Easter and Pentecost (including Wings of Wounded Glory, a sequence for Holy Week);
- Transforming Ordinary Time (including some feasts which fall outside the major seasons);
- In the School of Mary (poetic reflections on Mary, see as a model for prayer, contemplation and prophecy).
An introduction considers the relationship between prayer and poetry and offers suggestions for using the book in public and private worship settings, and a closing sequence contemplates Mary as a figure of prayers and witness.