Varleisha Gibbs, PhD, OTD, OTR/L, has created a unique, evidence-based resource for helping children who have trouble self-regulating, staying focused, managing their senses and controlling their emotions.
Based on the latest research in neuroscience, Self-Regulation & Mindfulness provides highly practical, kid friendly lessons to teach therapists, parents, educators and children about their brain and body, so they can build the needed skills to self-regulate.
- Hands-on activities
- Step-by-step exercises
- Coloring pages and worksheets
Clear, concise and fun activities to address your children's arousal, attention, and social participation:
- Touch and Heavy Work
- Hydration and Oral Motor Activities
- Metronome, Timing and Sequencing Exercises
- Right and Left Brain Integration Methods
- Patterns and Repetition Recognition
- Vision and Sound Skills
- Movement Coordination
- Inhibition Techniques